Saturday, July 4, 2009

Walsenburg, Pueblo...

6/30
we left Trinidad for Walsenburg, CO: a town about the same size as Trinidad. We had two options: take a 38 mile ride directly to Walsenburg on the highway OR take a 84 mile route on the "scenic highway of legends". My butt and I chose the 38 mile route. We arrived in Walsenburg at 9 am, and we basically had a second day off, which was amazing. We spent some time in a cafe eating breakfast, went to the library, read, had some delicious meals, window shopped, and enjoyed ice cream! It was a great day!

7/1 We headed to Pueblo Co.

Pueblo Colorado is a large city, our first large city in Colorado. This was a 54 mile route, and it was all on the highway. One of the funny parts of the day was when Andy and I saw three cows out so we rode to the farmhouse to alert the farmer, which I know is what my family would want done in that situation. It was a pretty easy day. We averaged about 16 mph, which was nice and got there around 12. We spent the day reading, postcard writing, and exploring the river walk. It turns out there were 4 military men who got the medal of honor from Pueblo. Eisenhower had a quote stating "there must be something in the water in Pueblo." I also got to talk to my brother and parents again which was definitely a treat! Congrats on the promotion brother!

No comments: